70° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: JROTC @Daytona Beach Drill World Championships
Gisely Argueta, Phototgrapher • Published May 8, 2024
Exam schedule posted
Exam schedule posted
Staff ReportPublished May 8, 2024
Laptop collection day set for Thursday, May 16
Staff ReportPublished May 6, 2024
Diamond Notes: Baseball for April 29-May 3
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser • Published May 5, 2024
Pitch Notes for April 29-May 3
Pitch Notes for April 29-May 3

Diamond Notes-Baseball for April 15-April 20

Team goes 1-2 for the week

The diamond Coyotes went 1-2 for the week, defeating Northeast High while falling to Stewart County and Kirkwood.

Monday, April 15

The team faced rival Northeast at Vanderbilt’s Hawkins Field and came away with a 7-2 victory. The Coyotes pounded out 14 hits, led by sophomore Shaun Chumley and freshman Daniel Noriega’s three each. Noriega doubled and senior Nate Lucas tripled.

Senior Andres Garcia toed the rubber to start but gave way to sophomore Victor Bell after one inning. Bell pitched five innings, allowing no earned runs.

For the complete box score, visit https://www.maxpreps.com/games/4-15-2024/baseball-24/northeast-vs-west-creek.htm?c=aR9swgSAy0SwfIjOiCdaew#tab=box-score&schoolid=

Thursday, April 18

On Military Appreciation Night, the squad jumped out to a 7-1 lead after the fourth inning but could not hold it as they fell 16-10 to Stewart County. Noriega started the game, going five innings and allowing two earned runs. Freshman Aiden Urdiales relieved Noriega but was hit hard in the sixth inning. Urdiales surrendered eight earned runs in just one-third of an inning.

Lucas went 2-for-3 at the plate, while Urdiales and Dante Castro went 2-for-4.

Friday, April 19

The Coyotes faced the Cobras for the second time this year. This game was closer but the visitors fell 6-5 in a walk-off loss. Going into the bottom of the seventh inning, the Coyotes led 5-4 but couldn’t hold the lead for the second game in a row.

Sophomore Alik George got the nod on the mound and pitched six innings. After hitting a batter to put two on, Lucas relieved him. Lucas promptly got two outs but walked the next three batters, giving Kirkwood the win.

The Coyotes managed just six hits on the day while striking out 10 times. George struck out six in his six innings of work.

For the complete box score, visit https://www.maxpreps.com/games/4-19-2024/baseball-24/kirkwood-vs-west-creek.htm?c=5yQYe7oDlkKNnClfGwAiow#tab=box-score&schoolid=