78° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: Soccer vs. East Robertson, April 25
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser/Photographer • Published April 26, 2024
Senior Madison Bennett cuts to the end zone for a Coyote score in the game on April 25, 2024.
Flag football squad falls in championship game
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser • Published April 26, 2024
Photo Gallery: Flag Football Championship Game vs. Montgomery Central, April 25
Friday, April 26 Test Schedule
Friday, April 26 Test Schedule
Published April 25, 2024
Leilyn Mercado looks to chase down a Montgomery Central runner in the 13-6 loss on April 15.
Lady Coyotes flag football to face Montgomery Central for championship
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser • Published April 24, 2024

Baseball-Diamond Notes for March 18-March 23

The Coyotes went 1-2 for the week of March 18-March 23 with the scheduled contest against Hume-Fogg canceled.

Monday, March 18

The home Coyotes dropped a 9-6 game against the Hopkinsville High School Tigers. The visitors stormed out to a 5-0 lead in the first inning and 6-1 after the second. The Coyotes battled back, scoring two runs in the fourth inning and three more in the fifth to tie the game.

However, three Tigers’ unearned runs in the top of the seventh doomed the Coyotes. After securing two outs, reliever Nate Lucas walked two batters, and a fielding error loaded the bases. After two passed balls and a wild pitch in the same at bat, the visitors took a three-run lead into the bottom of the seventh.

The Coyotes could not capitalize on a walk in the bottom of the frame, and the Tigers left town with the victory.

For the complete box score, visit https://www.maxpreps.com/games/3-18-2024/baseball-24/hopkinsville-vs-west-creek.htm?c=SUfohSDLU02W-Jtd2xIwQw#tab=box-score&schoolid=

Tuesday, March 19

The squad visited Stewart County High School. On a day when not much went right, the Rebels captured a 12-2 victory. Freshman David Noriega started for the visitors but surrendered eight runs, all earned, in two and two-thirds innings. The freshman struck out one batter and walked three.

The Coyotes managed just six hits in the contest. They scored their two runs in the top of the third, after sophomore Julio Perez stole home and senior Nate Lucas singled home senior Andres Garcia.

For the complete box score, visit https://www.maxpreps.com/games/3-19-2024/baseball-24/stewart-county-vs-west-creek.htm?c=1IW4WxpZRkqzUEBmvCE9Wg#tab=box-score&schoolid=

Thursday, March 21

In the final tune-up before district play begins, the home-standing Coyotes defeated their rival Northeast High School 5-1. The Eagles scored first in the top of the third inning, but the Coyotes evened it up in the bottom of the third when Lucas singled in Perez.

In the fourth inning, the Coyotes took the lead for good when sophomore Leo Muniz scored on a walk to sophomore Victor Bell. They added two more runs on another walk and a hit batter. In the bottom of the fifth, the Coyotes added their final run when senior Yavier Aleman scored on a single by freshman Aiden Urdiales.

Coyote pitching held the Eagles to just two hits. Senior Andres Garcia pitched a complete game to get the win.

For the complete box score, visit https://www.maxpreps.com/games/3-21-2024/baseball-24/northeast-vs-west-creek.htm?c=9l6YhQn-7U-Ock1ZIbEEAg#tab=box-score&schoolid=

District play gets underway this coming week when the Coyotes face the Kenwood Knights in a two-game series on Monday and Tuesday, March 25-26, followed by a visit to the Sycamore Eagles on Thursday, March 28.