79° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: JROTC @Daytona Beach Drill World Championships
Gisely Argueta, Phototgrapher • Published May 8, 2024
Exam schedule posted
Exam schedule posted
Staff ReportPublished May 8, 2024
Laptop collection day set for Thursday, May 16
Staff ReportPublished May 6, 2024
Diamond Notes: Baseball for April 29-May 3
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser • Published May 5, 2024
Pitch Notes for April 29-May 3
Pitch Notes for April 29-May 3

Coyotes seek first win against Rossview

After two games where the Coyotes’ football team had to travel at least one-and-a-half hours, they are finally back in the county for this week’s game at Rossview.

The third road contest in a row sees the Coyotes looking to pick up their first win of the season. Rossview’s Hawks, too, are looking for their first win after losing a 24-20 decision against Wilson Central and 28-14 at Logan County (Ky.).

The Coyotes are looking to bounce back after a 37-0 loss at Green Hill. In both losses, the offense has struggled to put points on the board. In the shutout loss, the squad managed only 23 yards of total offense.

Head coach Rob Gallowitz expects to see the offense find its rhythm. “We have seen spurts of it working and then we stall out due to penalties or poor execution,” he said. “We have had a great offensive plan, but our guys have had trouble executing it.”

Last year’s 20-17 loss kept the Coyotes from making the playoffs. The team is seeking a measure of revenge in this year’s game.

“I think we have had this game circled on our schedule all summer and have looked forward to this matchup,” Coach Gallowitz said. “Our biggest challenge is can we get the offense moving and generate some opportunities to score.”

Besides revenge, this matchup is the first Class 6A-Region 7 contest of the season. The Coyotes can put the losses to start the season behind them and still accomplish their goal of making the playoffs.

Kickoff is at 7 p.m. at Rossview. Tickets can be purchased through GoFan.