81° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: JROTC @Daytona Beach Drill World Championships
Gisely Argueta, Phototgrapher • Published May 8, 2024
Exam schedule posted
Exam schedule posted
Staff ReportPublished May 8, 2024
Laptop collection day set for Thursday, May 16
Staff ReportPublished May 6, 2024
Diamond Notes: Baseball for April 29-May 3
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser • Published May 5, 2024
Pitch Notes for April 29-May 3
Pitch Notes for April 29-May 3

Softball Diamond Notes for the Week of April 17-23

The Lady Coyotes softball squad continued its season struggles this past week. The team failed to find victory in its five contests, including two district matchups with Springfield High and Clarksville High.

Against Springfield on Tuesday, the Lady Coyotes fell behind 4-0 after one inning and 7-0 after three en route to a 12-2 loss. They managed to get two runs back in the top of the 4th but could not maintain momentum.

Senior Keilani Jordan led the team’s offense with two of the Lady Coyote’s six hits as well as its only two runs.

Thursday’s game saw the Lady Coyotes take on district-leading Clarksville High School. After falling behind 9-0 in the 3rd inning, the squad plated four runs in the bottom of the frame.

Junior Aniya Sims started things with a single but was out at second on a grounder by Jordan. Senior Makinsey Green and junior Talia Brandt then strung together two singles to load the bases. Senior Serenity Halstead’s walk brought in Jordan. The next batter, junior Savannah Wall, smacked a triple, bringing in Green, Brandt and Halstead.

The Lady Coyotes could muster only one more run, though. In the last two innings, the Lady Wildcats’ offense came to life, scoring 10 runs to put the game away.

The Lady Coyotes played three non-district contests on Saturday, falling 21-3 Gallatin High School, 15-2 to Macon County High School and 10-2 to Central Magnet (Murfreesboro).

The Green Wave of Gallatin overwhelmed the Lady Coyotes early, scoring 11 runs in the 1st inning and 10 runs in the 2nd. The game was called after the top of the 3rd. Sims was a bright spot for the squad, going 2-for-2 from the plate.

Macon County’s Lady Tigers scored in every inning in defeating the Lady Coyotes 15-2. Brandt went deep in the 1st inning to account for one of the team’s runs.

Finally, the Lady Coyotes dropped a 10-2 decision to Central Magnet. Central scored seven runs in the top of the 1st en route to the victory. The Lady Coyotes were held to just two hits. Wall drove in both runs with a double in the 3rd inning.

This week the Lady Coyotes host Northeast High on Tuesday, followed by a Friday non-district matchup with Northwest High.