82° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Tennessee Tech University hosting summer camps

Explorations in Engineering and Computing Summer Camp

Interested in engineering and computer science? If so, Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, Tennessee, will host an Exploration in Engineering & Computing Summer Camp from June 23-26 and July 14-17.

Tennessee Tech’s College of Engineering will offer three-day residential summer camps for rising 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade students to learn about engineering, computing and engineering technology.

Tennessee Tech University is the state’s only four-year technological university. During this camp, students will get to experience and engage in hands-on projects related to the top engineering and computing fields, taught by our engaging faculty members.

Students will work directly with industry leaders and tour and experiment in state-of-the-art laboratories. During this program, students will be mentored by current Tennessee Tech students and learn what it means to be an engineering student.

Students may choose to attend the camp either June 23-26 or July 14-17 (students may not attend both camps).

By the end of this camp, students will have gained in-depth knowledge about the seven engineering and computing programs at Tennessee Tech: chemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing and engineering technology, and mechanical engineering.

All rising 12th-grade students will have the opportunity to be awarded a College of Engineering scholarship.

Students from underrepresented ethnic and cultural groups and those who will be first-generation college students are strongly encouraged to apply.

To learn more or to apply online, go to tntech.edu/engineering/eec.