80° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Baseball-Diamond Notes for March 11-March 16

The diamond Coyotes began their 2024 season with a flurry of games last week. They hosted two games and traveled to three other sites, going 4-1 during the week.

Monday, March 11

The squad hosted the Montgomery Central High School Indians. In a 9-8 come-from-behind victory, sophomores Shaun Chumley and Leo Muniz, and freshman Aiden Urdialies collected two hits each to pace the Coyotes to the victory. Sophomore Alik George claimed the win after relieving Victor Bell.

Tuesday, March 12

The Kirkwood High School Cobras paid a visit and left with a 17-3 victory. Offensively, the Coyotes struggled at the plate, hammering out just six hits. Junior Diego Silva went 3-for-3 from the plate. Urdiales took the loss. For photos, see the Photo Gallery.

Wednesday, March 13

The squad rebounded with a dominating 14-3 win at Todd County Central. The visiting Coyotes scattered 10 hits over five innings, led by Muniz’s 3-for-4 day at the plate. Silvas added two hits as well. Senior Andres Garcia-Ortiz picked up his first win of the season on the mound.

Thursday, March 14

Another day, another road victory for the Coyotes. In a 13-3 victory at Cheatham County High School, pitchers David Noriega, 9, and George allowed just four hits and one earned run. The team took advantage of 10 walks. Chumley led the team with two hits and added two runs.