72° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: Soccer vs. Northwest, May 9, 2024
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser/Photographer • Published May 13, 2024
Photo Gallery: JROTC @Daytona Beach Drill World Championships
Gisely Argueta, Phototgrapher • Published May 8, 2024
Exam schedule posted
Exam schedule posted
Staff ReportPublished May 8, 2024
Laptop collection day set for Thursday, May 16
Staff ReportPublished May 6, 2024

Movies coming out in October

October is the month for frights in the movie theater, but if you don’t like scary movies, then there are plenty of other options as well.

Friday, October 6

• The Exorcist: Believer (view trailer)
    • The original movie, released in 1973, is famous for causing people to pass out and flee from the movie theater. Many critics claim it is the most frightening movie of all time. Well, 50 years later, Believer, a direct sequel to the original, hopes to recreate that phenomenon. Starring Ellen Burstyn, who played Regan’s (the possessed girl) mother in the original, this film’s premise has two girls who go missing in the woods, only to be found three days later with no memory of what happened to them. But they did bring something back with them that nobody can explain. (Horror, Rated R, 1 hr. 51 minutes)
  • Shelter in Solitude (view trailer)
    • Tells the story of a death row prisoner with 10 days left to live and his unconventional relationship with a washed-up country singer turned prison guard. An American story of hope, faith and friendship. (Comedy/Crime/Drama, Not Rated, 1 hr. 33 min.)
  • She Came to Me (view trailer)
    • A composer with an unfinished opera, a spiritually conflicted psychiatrist, and a free-spirited tugboat captain collide on an unpredictable voyage into uncharted waters in writer-director Rebecca Miller’s enchanting romantic comedy. (Romance/Comedy, Rated R, 1 hr. 42 min.)
  • The Burial (view trailer)
    • Based on a true story, the film tells of a personal-injury lawyer from Mississippi who took on the case of Jeremiah O’Keefe, an owner of a local chain of funeral homes. O’Keefe claimed that he had been cheated by a major funeral parlor conglomerate. With the cooperation of O’Keefe’s lawyer, who was an admitted racist, he won $260 million for O’Keefe. (Drama, Rated R, 2 hr. 6 min.)

Friday, October 13

• Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (view trailer)
    • Who would’ve thought Tay-Tay would record her concerts and try to make a few more bucks off her rabid fans? Well, if you weren’t able to get tickets for her Eras Tour, then here’s your chance to see for yourself what all your friends were raving about when they got tickets and you didn’t. (Concert Film/Music, Not Rated, 2 hr., 40 minutes)

Friday, October 20

• Killers of the Flower Moon (view trailer)
    • Based on David Grann’s broadly lauded best-selling book, Killers of the Flower Moon is set in 1920s Oklahoma and depicts the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror. (Crime/Drama/History, Rated R, 3 hr. 26 min.) minutes

Friday, October 27 

• Five Nights at Freddy’s (view trailer)
    • Mike Schmidt (Josh Hutcherson), a troubled security guard, starts a night-time job at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, a once-successful abandoned family entertainment center, where he discovers its four animatronic mascots — Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie the Bunny, Chica the Chicken, and Foxy the Pirate Fox — move and kill anyone that is still there after midnight. (Horror, Rated PG-13, 1 hr. 50 min.)
  • Freelance (view trailer)
    • An ex-special forces operative stuck in a dead-end desk job (John Cena) reluctantly takes on a gig to provide private security for a washed-up journalist (Alison Brie) as she interviews a ruthless—but impeccably dressed—dictator (Juan Pablo Raba). When a military coup breaks out just as she’s about to get the scoop of a lifetime, the unlikely trio must figure out how to survive the jungle, the assassins, and each other in order to make it out alive. (Action/ Comedy/Adventure, Rated R, 1 hr. 49 min.)
  • Inspector Sun (view trailer)
    • After being fired from his detective job after a mission gone awry, Inspector Sun boards a seemingly normal plane for a much-needed vacation. When Dr. Spindlethorp receives a threat on his life, Sun is back on the case. Trapped in a web of lies, Sun must find his suspect before it’s too late. (Animated/Comedy/Family, Rated PG, 1 hr. 28 min.)