75° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Golf Preview

Coach King hopes seniors will shine

“Golf is a good walk spoiled.”

Head Coach Aaron King

This quote has been attributed to Mark Twain, but it had been around long before Twain. If you were to ask Coach Aaron King and his golfers, they would definitely disagree. They love playing golf.

After seeing some success last season for the first time in ages, Coach King looks forward to a more successful season this Fall. He has two returning seniors in Braeden Frost and Evan Magnuson, and he is hopeful they can bring success to the program.

“This is a group of guys I am expecting a lot from,” Coach King said. “I think these two guys have the ability to make it through the Region Tournament.”

In addition to Frost and Magnuson, sophomore Trent Salesky returns as well. Freshman Connor Roberts joins the team. Coach King is always open to adding more players.

“For anyone who is interested in playing golf, just go for it,” he said. “As long as you have your own clubs and a way to get to and from practices, I will teach you how to play.”

Coach King feels golf is a misunderstood sport in that a lot of people believe that it’s easy. “It’s arguably one of the hardest sports in the world,” he said. “The amount of athleticism it takes to play golf is otherworldly.” It’s also not as boring as people think it is, he said.

“Try it first,” he said. “I promise it will surprise and humble you.”

For anyone who is interested in playing, see Coach King in room G138. If any girls are interested, see Coach Brimley in room F118.

Updated August 23: Connor Roberts added to the team’s roster.