Part 5: AVID program to graduate first class in school history

This week, The Coyote Caller will publish a Q and A each day with select AVID seniors. NOTE: All seniors’ responses are listed today.

Today’s Question: You’ve been with Mrs. Jensen for four years. What is something you’d like to say to her?

Deniyah Bowe: “Mrs. Jensen has been one of the most helpful teachers for not only me but for others too. She likes to see her children succeed academically while also reassuring them they’re doing just as good in the real world.”

Xavier Branch: “Thank you for being a person I can count on no matter how busy you were. I’ll carry my memories of the AVID family as far as I can with me.”

Nate Conley: “I appreciate everything you have done for me. You have been like a second mother for me.”

Kaleb Evans: “Thank you for always being a good support. Anytime I need anything, you’ve always been there.”

David Farley: “Your mom. just kidding. Thank you for everything you have helped me with so many things and I can’t thank you enough. U don’t think I would be in the place I am now without you. You don’t know how much you have meant to me these past 4 years.”

Nalia Fermaintt: “Thank you for guiding me through high school and letting me reach my goals. She is the best teacher and deserves so much more than she thinks.”

Jabril Foronas: “Thank you so much for everything you have done for me, and hopefully, one day we get to see each other again.”

Mason Hendrickson: “I was very uncomfortable with myself and anti-social freshman year. Through the years I have come to appreciate AVID for giving me new friends and better self-thoughts. AVID is definitely something I am proud to have chosen. You have done such an amazing job dealing with us for four years all while building AVID from the ground up. I know that when I graduate, the next AVID kiddos will be in good hands. Teach them manners, teach them respect, teach them how to be mature. I hope I achieve the high expectations that both me and you hold me to.”

Ja’Rel Jennings: “I love her and thank you for everything you taught.”

Zaire Kennedy: “Thank you for being patient with me and showing genuine care.”

Daisy Lam: “These past 4 years have been such an honor being able to spend them with you. You truly have been the most caring and amazing, not just a teacher but a human being. Me being able to make all A’s, go to college, and make it into the top 10% is all because of the dedication you have put into helping me. I can’t imagine what my high school career would be like without you. You have done so much dealing with us and without fail you are always doing it with a smile. Mrs. Jensen, you are our safe place, our listener, our school mom, and our mentor. Thank you for everything you have done for all of us. I will miss you like crazy, and all of your jokes and stories.”

Johnathan Maldonado: “Thank you for treating every student like a personal child of yours.”

Lanae Massey: “Mrs. Jensen, you have been my rock these past 4 years. I don’t think I could have made it through high school without you. You are my second mom and I love and appreciate you so much. I will miss you after I graduate and I know you’re going to be so happy for all of us. Love you to the moon and back and you will ALWAYS be my favorite teacher.”

Megan Morehead: “I want to tell Mrs. Jensen that she has been my biggest motivation for everything I have done. Without her, I wouldn’t have gotten into my dream school, and I wouldn’t have the confidence in myself to go out and do what I want to do.”

Kylee O’Rourke: “Thank you for continuing to support me no matter what. I appreciate you more than you know.”

Taylor Page: “Mrs. Jensen has been the best mentor I could ever ask for. She has helped me through life struggles outside of my academic career. She is greatly appreciated and I will miss her so much.”

Josiah Price: “She was a big part of my high school experience and without her and AVID I would not have enjoyed it as much.”

Sanaii Reeves: “I would like to say thank you for always being there for me and my classmates. You have made us who we are and put us in a place to be successful in the future. Your hard work and encouragement never go unnoticed! Your future and current students are very blessed to have you as a teacher. Thank you so much!”

Alejandro Sandoval: “That I couldn’t have asked for a more loving, caring, and trustworthy teacher and I’m very grateful to have been her student.”

Ashlynn Smith: “You are the most amazing person and no thank you will ever be enough for all that you have done for me. You helped me keep going even when I wasn’t sure I could. You believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself and always made sure that I had someone I could trust. Without you, I don’t think I would be where I am today. Without you, I more than likely never would have been able to graduate early. Without you, I probably would have quit and gotten my GED, but you always pushed me and took on my problems no matter how stupid they were. I won’t ever be able to express how grateful I am for you and all that you have done for me and many other kids, but I want you to know just how amazing of a person you are. I am so thankful that I got to be in your classes and I think that every kid who comes through your door will be better for it. Thank you for everything.”

Gabriel Vandiver: “Thank you for everything.”

Quinton Wagner: “Thank you for the support throughout the years and for helping me develop a better and more mature character.”

Shemar Walker: “Thank you for being more than a teacher figure. You are always so concerned with problems we may not care about, but you do and I respect that a lot. You hold us accountable for our actions and have made me more accepting of things I probably would have never done or agreed with before I met you. #BestTeacherEver”

Ja’lin Washington: “I will miss being in your class.”

Jayla Wiggins: “Mrs. Jensen, you are absolutely the best teacher I’ve ever had; you continue every day to help us strive and make us better. I love you so much, you’ve seen it all with me lol, but I’m glad you’ve always pushed me, you are definitely part of the reason why I’m pushing the way I am.”