75° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: Soccer vs. Northwest, May 9, 2024
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser/Photographer • Published May 13, 2024
Photo Gallery: JROTC @Daytona Beach Drill World Championships
Gisely Argueta, Phototgrapher • Published May 8, 2024
Exam schedule posted
Exam schedule posted
Staff ReportPublished May 8, 2024
Laptop collection day set for Thursday, May 16
Staff ReportPublished May 6, 2024

Softball Diamond Notes for the Week of April 24-April 30

The Lady Coyotes softball team went 1-1 for the week, defeating district foe Northeast 18-8, and dropping a 16-5 contest against Hendersonville High School.

Against Northeast on Tuesday, the squad pounced on the Lady Eagles in the first inning, producing six runs. Northeast’s pitcher’s control issues led to three runs scored before the first recorded out. Senior Serenity Halstead, the first batter, was hit by a pitch. This was followed by an error and a walk to give the Lady Coyotes the lead.

Although the Lady Eagles plated five runs in the top of the third inning, the Lady Coyotes scored three in the bottom of the inning, then exploded for seven runs in the bottom of the fifth inning.

Talia Brandt hit an inside-the-park home run that also scored Keilani Jordan. The squad then played small ball, as a series of singles scored one run at a time until the game was called due to the 10-run rule.

The team pounded out 17 hits in the contest. Besides Brandt’s homer, she had a double on 3-for-4 hitting; Jordan had two doubles on 2-for-3 hitting, and Makayla Green and Iliana Conley both tripled.

On Wednesday, the Lady Coyotes fell to Hendersonville. The squad could get nothing going until the later innings, and by then, they found themselves down by 12 runs. The bright spots on the day were Aniyah Sims, who went 2-for-2, and Jordan who doubled.

The team is scheduled to play at East Robertson High today and at Northwest on Wednesday to close out the regular season.