72° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: Soccer vs. Northwest, May 9, 2024
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser/Photographer • Published May 13, 2024
Photo Gallery: JROTC @Daytona Beach Drill World Championships
Gisely Argueta, Phototgrapher • Published May 8, 2024
Exam schedule posted
Exam schedule posted
Staff ReportPublished May 8, 2024
Laptop collection day set for Thursday, May 16
Staff ReportPublished May 6, 2024

Sports round-up for the week of April 10-14

Baseball

The Coyotes went 1-2 on the week, all in non-district contests. On Tuesday, April 11, the squad dropped a 7-5 decision on the road at Hopkinsville High. Managing only six hits, the Coyotes also struck out six times and left eight runners on base. Senior Colton Lovelace went 2-for-4 at the plate to lead the team in hitting.

On Wednesday, April 12, the team rebounded with a 10-9 victory over Stewart County High. Freshman Leo Muniz went perfect from the plate, going 3-for-3 with one RBI. Dante Castro and Shawn Chumley also had two hits each, with Chumley driving in two runs. Lovelace struck out seven in the win.

The Coyotes hosted Sycamore High on Thursday, April 13, where they lost 7-6. Andres Garcia-Ortez went 3-for-3 from the plate, and Nate Lucas and Floyd Dodwell added two hits each. Lucas tripled and Dodwell doubled for the Coyotes.

On the mound, Garcia-Ortez was victimized by seven Coyote errors, leading to all seven of the visiting Eagles’ runs.

The squad’s record stands at 8-7 overall and 1-3 in district play going into this week.

Flag Football

The Lady Coyotes ran their record to 4-1 on the season after a 42-0 drubbing of Rossview High School. This week the team hosts Montgomery Central in a battle of the top two teams in the county.

Soccer

The boys’ soccer team went 1-0 on the week as it picked up a huge 2-0 victory over Northeast. Alex Sandoval and Manny Ramirez each tallied a goal in the victory. With the victory, the squad ran their record to 6-3-1 overall and 2-1 in district play on the season.

This week the team has an important district game at Rossview High on Tuesday, April 18, followed by a non-district match at Sycamore High on Thursday.

Softball

The Lady Coyotes dropped four of five on the week, with the lone victory coming 17-1 in just three innings over Kenwood on Monday, April 10. In that victory, senior Kaelani Jordan went 2-for-2 with a double and triple.

The squad dropped a 14-0 no-hit decision against district rival Rossview High on Thursday. The team was unable to get the bats going, while the Lady Hawks churned out 15 hits. Only eight of the Lady Hawks’ runs were earned, however, as pitcher Alisha Audate hit four batters.

The remainder of the games came in the weekend’s Queen City Classic. The team dropped all four of its games. Those losses dropped the team’s record to 4-10 on the season.

This week sees the Lady Coyotes travel to Springfield on Tuesday to face the Lady Jackets.