72° Clarksville
West Creek High's Student News Site

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

The Coyote Caller

Photo Gallery: Soccer vs. Northwest, May 9, 2024
Scott Hoskins, Journalism Adviser/Photographer • Published May 13, 2024
Photo Gallery: JROTC @Daytona Beach Drill World Championships
Gisely Argueta, Phototgrapher • Published May 8, 2024
Exam schedule posted
Exam schedule posted
Staff ReportPublished May 8, 2024
Laptop collection day set for Thursday, May 16
Staff ReportPublished May 6, 2024

Coyotes fall to Wildcats in consolation game

Will face Dickson County on road in regional
Scott Hoskins
Kameron Bowers looks for an open teammate during a game last season against Clarksville High.

In last night’s District 13 Region 7 consolation game, the Clarksville Wildcats defeated the Coyotes 65-46 at William Workman Gymnasium.

Although the Cats entered the game having won only four games on the season, they have been on the verge of a breakthrough performance. Unfortunately, it came at the expense of the Coyotes.

The Coyotes had no answer for the Cats’ Kellen Howard, who scored 22 in the winning effort. He hit from long-range, mid-range, and in the paint. While Howard was lighting up the scoreboard, the Coyotes struggled to find their own range. Shots rimmed in and out, and rebounds were hard to come by.

After leading by just one at the end of the first quarter at 14-13, the Cats went on a 10-0 run to start the second. From that point forward, the Coyotes had to play catch up, trailing 35-20 at the half.

To start the third quarter, the Coyotes went into a full-court press, causing the Cats trouble. Turnovers plagued the Cats, allowing the Coyotes to claw back to within nine at 45-36 to start the fourth.

That’s when Howard took over. He scored nine of his points in the final frame. The Cats’ Trey Youngs also contributed seven. Those two matched the Coyotes’ entire point output of 16 in the fourth.

Kameron Bowers led the Coyotes with eight points, followed by seven each from Devin Smith and Kayden Pace.

The Coyotes will go on the road to face the top-seeded Dickson County Cougars on Friday at 7 p.m.